Easy Lemon Mascarpone Layer Cake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 36-48 Ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Make Lemon Syrup: Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely. Add lemon juice. Refrigerate until needed.
- Make Mascarpone Frosting: Whip cream to soft peaks then add confectioners sugar a little at a time until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate. Place mascarpone and lemon curd in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Carefully fold in the whipped cream until mixture is uniform. Do not overmix. Keep chilled until needed.
- In a springform pan, layer lady fingers in bottom, then brush heavily with lemon syrup. Top with a layer of mascarpone frosting. Repeat with another layer of lady fingers and lemon syrup. Finally top with a thick layer of remaining frosting. Garnish with white chocolate curls, if desired. Chill thoroughly before slicing.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
- If you can’t find mascarpone, you can substitute cream cheese. Just add an additional tablespoon of powdered sugar.
- Store-bought lady fingers and lemon curd can be used if in a hurry.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: MARISOC :: Rachel B :: Sweetrose46 :: Penney Soulliere :: catman3201 :: Sam :: Sgmcl :: VPrice :: Maria Mendez :: LizNRene :: marcy :: Bakergirl :: Alexandra G :: michael h :: PLF :: scott :: Donna M :: D'Ann E :: Susan A. :: sandy h