- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons dried ginger
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1 /2 cups packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm brewed coffee
- Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9 x 13 inch deep baking pan. For easy removal of baked cake place a piece of parchment paper on bottom of pan and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients mix oil and brown sugar using a whisk. Add molasses and mix smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well in between. Add vanilla, salt and coffee and mix until just combined.
- Add flour and mix until blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and place in oven until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. About 35-40 minutes.
- As cake is cooling, prepare chocolate ganache.
- Serve with warm chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of powdered sugar, if desired.