- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a standard bundt cake or pound cake pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the butter, cream cheese and sugar until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour to coat. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture in stand mixer, alternating with yogurt. Beat on low speed after each addition until just combined. Carefully fold in blueberry mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for one hour or until set and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan 15 minutes before removing.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour onto cake a little at a time, allowing glaze to set before adding more. Keep refrigerated until serving.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.