- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons olive oil of choice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, now white bitter pith
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a muffin or cup cake tin holding 12 indentions. Set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Using a whip attachment whip eggs for 1 minute. Add sugar and on high speed whip until mixture is very thick, pale and fluffy, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add salt and on low speed pour in olive oil. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and rosemary.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Scrape well and mix briefly.
- Divide mixture among prepared cup cake tin and place in oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until center of cakes bounce back when lightly pressed.
- While baking prepare glaze by whisking lemon juice and powdered sugar until smooth. Cover and set aside.
- Drizzle or brush lemon glaze onto cakes. They can still be hot at this time. Sprinkle with additional lemon zest if desired.