Refrigerate 3 hours
- 12 ounces pound cake (my local market has chocolate pound cake, but any flavor tastes good in this recipe)
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 10 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon pure mint extract
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup shaved chocolate
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Spray 1 1/2-quart bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line bowl with plastic wrap. Cut pound cake crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices. Cut each slice diagonally in half, forming 2 triangles. Line bottom and sides of prepared bowl with cake triangles.
- Stir chocolate in a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts. Allow chocolate to cool slightly. Fold 1/2 a cup of whipped topping into chocolate. Fold in one more cup of whipped topping. Spread chocolate cream over cake, covering completely and creating a well in center.
- Cover and refrigerate if not assembling cake right away.
- In another large bowl, blend remaining whipped topping and mint extract. Fold in shaved chocolate. Spoon cream mixture into center of well of filling. Place remaining cake slices over filling, covering completely and trimming to fit, if necessary. Cover cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours. Flip over to remove from pan, remove plastic wrap and dust with cocoa powder before slicing to serve.
This Mint Dream Cake recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.