Patriotic American Flag Cake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 box yellow or chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups (16 ounce container) whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 pints fresh raspberries or strawberries
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla in a chilled large bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake with the whipped cream icing.
- Place blueberries in the upper left hand corner of cake. Leave enough room on the top and left side of blueberries for a row of icing.
- Place raspberries or strawberries in lines to form stripes of the American flag. Leave enough room between rows for rows of icing.
- Once all berries are in place, load one cup of icing into a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe rows of icing in between and around berries. Repeat as necessary to finish cake.
- Refrigerate to set icing and until ready to serve.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Show off your American pride with this traditional sheet cake decorated to resemble the U.S. flag. For an added "wow" top with sparklers just prior to serving.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: lw2day :: L E :: Jeana L. K :: cindy l :: Amanda Pullen :: PATRICIA D :: Sandra K :: Joseph H :: Sherry C :: cook3112 :: Toni D :: Dianne S :: Leeann Y :: Betty B K :: Brenda P :: Jennifer Thompson :: Lindy M :: lois c :: laura y :: Tammym