- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Cream Cheese Frosting
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Butter sides of pan and set aside.
- Beat eggs for 5 minutes until thick and then add all remaining ingredients on low speed.
- Pour mixture in pan and spread evenly. Place in oven and bake 15-18 minutes or until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar and cover with a kitchen towel. Let cool. Once cool turn upside down onto kitchen towel or wax paper.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting. Remove parchment paper from surface of cake and spread with the frosting.
- Roll up like a jelly roll and cut into desired size. Enjoy and serve.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
This cake is very moist and tender. If desired, fill this cake with a thin layer of orange marmalade for a completely fat free cake!