- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease bundt cake pan with butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and allspice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs, then stir in vanilla extract and oil.
- Gently stir in the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk. Stir until smooth.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until done. The cake is finished baking when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a cake plate or cake stand. Let cool for another 30 minutes and then ice cake.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract and almond extract. Gently pour icing on the top of the cake. Serve!
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.