Strawberry Poke Cake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:43 to 0:45
24 - 28 pieces
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a 13 x 9” baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar. With paddle attachment on beat until mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at the time beating well after each addition. Scrape sides of the bowl with spatula. Stir in vanilla extract and baking powder.
- Alternately, add all-purpose flour and milk. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 43-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
- With a wooden skewer or a fork, poke cake.
- Place gelatin in a measuring cup. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over it and stir until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water and slowly pour it over cake.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Spread creme chantilly over cake and refrigerate until needed or for at least another hour.
- Cut into single serve cakes.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Roxana Yawgel at Roxana's Home Baking.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: jesage :: Heather R :: Trenia Kendrick :: TiSa's Kitchen :: ANNIE :: Kay M :: email@example.com :: Vicky Wright :: Linda C :: laura h :: Larrysa :: Pete :: Courtney :: Sophie L :: TerriC :: lisaj :: Joy Young :: ChefLuLuu :: Jessicaflores :: Liz