- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Or 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 10-inch tube or bundt pan, set aside.
- Cream butter until creamy, add sugars and cream further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated after mixed. Scrape in between additions. Add vanilla and cream until light and fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add 1/4 of flour mixture and combine, add 1/3 of milk and combine. Repeat with flour and milk until all is incorporated.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven. Bake for approximately 80-90 minutes or until center bounces back when gently pressed or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If cake becomes too dark cover with foil.
- Let sit 10 minutes. Place a serving dish on top of baking pan and quickly turn upside down. Remove pan and cover with plastic food film. Let cool.
- For praline sauce: In a saucepan bring butter, brown sugar, half and half cream and salt to a boil. While stirring, boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add pecans and vanilla mixing well. Pour on top of cake.