- 1 1/4 cups oil (grape seed, olive-not extra virgin or canola oil)
- 2 cups firmly packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons frozen concentrated orange juice or regular orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest, no white bitter pith
- Dried apricots, shredded coconut, pecans for decor as desired
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour, or using baking spray prepare a 9 or 10 inch tube pan, set aside.
- In a bowl mix oil and sugar until well mixed. Mix in eggs, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Add grated carrots.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and add to above, add pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan and place in oven. Bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean. About 45 - 55 minutes. Let sit in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Turn cake out pan. Let cool.
- For icing, mix powdered sugar, orange juice and zest using a whisk and combine well. For a firmer icing use more powdered sugar.
- Pour icing onto the cooled cake and decorate as desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
This recipe is completely free of trans fats! Fantastic and healthy oils for baking include grape seed or olive oil.