- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- For dusting Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter and flour a 9-inch tube or bundt pan and set aside.
- Combine first listed sugar, walnuts, cocoa and cinnamon and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
- Mix butter and the second listed sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and scrape between additions. Then, add vanilla.
- On low mixing speed alternately add dry ingredients with sour cream until all is used.
- Scrape half of batter into prepared pan. Top with walnut mixture. Cover with remaining batter and place in oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until center bounces back when lightly pressed.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing out of pan.