- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold coffee
- 3 apples, Golden Delicious or Granny Smith
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper or butter and flour pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and continue mixing until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and scraping bowl in between additions. Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add a third of dry ingredients to butter mixture and combine. Add half of coffee and combine well. Repeat with flour then remaining coffee and remaining flour mixture.
- Grate apples and add with raisins and pecans into batter. Spread cake batter into prepared pan and place in oven.
- Bake for approximately 30 to 35 minutes or until center bounces back when lightly pressed.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Serve warm or cold.