- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam frosting:
- 1 to 2 sticks nondairy butter
- 4-6 cups sifted Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 to 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soymilk to taste
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tins.
- Mix soymilk and vinegar, set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.
- Whisk now-curdled soymilk and vinegar, and add in oil, sugar and vanilla. Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 16-22 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool a few moments, de-pan, and once fully cooled, squeeze raspberry jam in with a squeeze tube or piping bag/tip.
- Frost with a vegan (or nonvegan) buttercream (nondairy butter, powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla to taste).
- Garnish with a raspberry yogurt covered pretzel if desired.
This Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.