Candied Pecan Divinity
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
36 - 42 single servings
- 4 ounces chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup prepared pralines
- 6 eggs whites
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, coating the pecans entirely. Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine eggs whites, salt, vanilla, and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl, whisking thouroughly. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, boil sugar, water, and corn syrup until it reaches 238°F. Once at temperature, whisk at high speeds into egg white mixture. Continue to whisk until the mixture is almost cooled, and is stiff and shiny. Fold prepared candied pecans into meringue.
- Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 250°F. Scoop meringue onto sheet pan and bake for 45 minutes. Allow to air dry. If desired, use a kitchen torch to brown edges once dried. Keep stored in airtight container.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Laura :: Amanda Ward :: PEGLEG :: Teresa L :: Mary :: Wynndy :: peggy finley :: betty53 :: KAREN F :: Kalamity_Katie :: Shashi J :: Tara M :: Nicolas L :: Louis E :: PATRICIA A MANNING :: Joan B :: Jammermom :: Lisa C :: Cassie :: Maria V