Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
30 minutes to an hour chill time
- 1 large red apple
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
- Milk, optional
For the baked apples:
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Thinly slice apple using a very sharp knife or a mandolin. Place the apple slices in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 2 hours, flipping apples half way through baking. Turn off oven and let apples cool completely. Crush apple chips into large pieces, set aside.
For the bark:
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate for 45 seconds and stir. If not completely melted, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
- Pour chocolate onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a 11 x 8 inch rectangle. Top with apple chips. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels for 30 seconds and stir. If not completely melted, microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. (Some caramels may need a little milk added to soften the caramels into a drizzle stage. If needed, add 1 teaspoon of milk and stir until smooth.) Drizzle caramel on top of bark.
- Chill bark in refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until hardened. Break into large pieces and serve!
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Linda W :: Angela :: Angel Burch :: rebecca v :: gevaluz :: Charlotte Mitchell :: ashley :: josey jaramillo :: carla c :: brooke :: Mary :: Linda C :: DawnaW :: Kim :: mezzaine man :: Casey B :: Brandy :: Lulu :: kim :: chefmax