Caramel Popcorn Chocolate Bark
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 3 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Place popped corn in a large sheet pan. Place in oven to keep warm and dry a bit while caramel is being prepared.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt over medium heat. Stir until all of sugar has dissolved and begins to boil. Allow mixture to boil to firm ball stage (248°F), or roughly 5 minutes. Immediately remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Remove popped corn from oven and pour hot caramel mixture over it. Mix well and return to oven for 45 minutes.
- Melt both types of chocolate chips in microwave in separate bowls. Heat for 25-30 seconds, stir and repeat until chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- On a large piece of parchment paper, pour most of semisweet chocolate into a thick, even layer. Top with a sprinkling of popcorn. Drizzle remaining semisweet chocolate and white chocolate over popcorn. Allow to cool completely.
- Break popcorn bark into desired pieces. Keep stored in airtight container.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Nancy A :: Judy M :: JAYSMITH :: Ang :: Sondrablck :: Karen G :: Sara :: Rebecca M :: Ann S :: cn :: Michelle B :: Terri Aleman :: Ann Coniglio :: Lisa W :: Shannon C :: Brandi Welch :: Kayli :: Theresa C :: tv :: Roxanne R