Chocolate Honey Nougat
Prep time :
Cool time 2 hours
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, honey and 2 tablespoons of water in a small heavy saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium high. Use a candy thermometer to register the temperature of the sugar, allowing the sugar to boil to registers 252°, about 3-4 minutes.
- While sugar is cooking, beat egg whites and salt in a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat to soft peaks.
- While mixer is running, slowly add the hot syrup into egg whites. Very voluminous, about, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the chocolate chips to the meringue. Chips will melt and marble into the meringue. Do not overbeat.
- Transfer nougat to an 8 x 8 baking pan in an even layer. Use your hands or fingers to press into place. Allow to cool to room temperature until set, about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares or desired servings. Store in air tight container for up to one week.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: katie link :: Maureen M :: Christine :: Charity S :: Leticia Ortega :: Amber :: yesenia santos :: Deirdre C :: Misty B :: Madeline L :: daphnie96 :: Jane :: joanlj :: jlap :: Barbara O :: Michele :: jay :: ma :: Marie :: kayte wolfe