Corn Syrup Free Marshmallows
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
One 9 x 13-inch pan, about 36 marshmallows
- Evenly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer combine gelatin and water (1), fit with whip attachment and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine sugar and water (2) and cover with a lid. Boil for 3 minutes and remove lid. Attach a thermometer on side of pan and boil until syrup reaches 240°F. Do not stir syrup as this may cause it to crystallize.
- Remove from heat, engage mixer in medium speed and while whipping pour hot syrup in a slow and steady stream onto whipping gelatin. Once all combined engage mixer in high speed. Add salt.
- Whip until mixture feels lukewarm and looks like marshmallow fluff, about 8-12 minutes. Add vanilla. Stop mixer and scrape marshmallow into prepared pan. Spread evenly. Dust with a partial amount of powdered sugar.
- Allow to cool, preferably overnight while covered with plastic food wrap.
- Next day remove from pan and cut into desired size, toss generously into powdered sugar.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
- Use caution while working with hot syrups as they can cause severe burns. Working in a calm environment is essential.
- Once you realize how easy it is to make your own marshmallows, you will never go back to store-bought. Homemade marshmallows are more light and airy than the packaged kind.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: leslierr :: efricks :: TNowlin :: CaptScubaChic :: mary w :: Paula Rogers :: Staci M :: Cathy :: mommachef80 :: Samantha Sampson :: Wanda M :: Melody Gibson :: Cindy :: Betty :: BonnieM :: Vanina :: Lippidy :: Stacy J Scott :: Clea :: amaris warren