Fruit and Nut Brittle
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
1 1/2 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit and assorted nuts
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fleur de sel
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Into a heavy bottom sauce pan add: sugar, corn syrup, water and salt. Bring to a boil stirring with a heat resistant non-stick spatula until mixture is dissolved.
- Place a candy thermometer into mixture. Lower heat to medium and continue cooking until you have reached hard ball stage (250-266°F) on the thermometer and the mixture is caramel in color.
- Remove pan from heat. Add butter. Carefully stir to combine. Add nuts and continue stirring until coated.
- Carefully pour mixture onto baking sheet and spread as thinly as possible with a spatula. Sprinkle with optional salt if desired.
- Allow to cool completely until hardened. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: MelMel :: monkyrun :: mora g :: cindy Matthues :: Lakeisha Ikner :: patricia :: Judith Aziz :: Barbara B :: melate :: Katie T :: tariq s :: little roy :: DEB :: maria a :: Melissa E :: nicoel delee :: Sarah Struck :: Gail R :: Tomea :: mrsvandy