Homemade Bubble Gum
Prep time :
0:20 to 0:35
1 1/2 pounds
- 1/3 cup gum base
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon glycerin
- 1/4 teaspoon citric acid
- 6 drops of strawberry flavoring
- 3 drops of red food coloring
- Parchment paper cut into 3-inch squares
- Put gum base, citric acid, corn syrup and glycerin a bowl and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Stir mixture and put back in for 5-10 seconds intervals until completely melted.
- Add strawberry flavor and red food coloring and stir.
- Set aside two tablespoons of powered sugar to sprinkle over finished gum.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup powdered sugar on parchment paper.
- Drop gum mixture on top of sugar and knead together. Continue kneading gum, mixing in remaining powdered sugar until gum is smooth and rollable; approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
- Roll gum into a snake snape and cut into bite size pieces (about 1/2 inch). Kitchen scissors work best.
- Sprinkle each piece with powdered sugar and place in the middle of a parchment paper square; twisting each side to hold gum in place.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Marianne :: Glad :: Aron B :: JamesD :: sugarkari :: Linda G :: Linda L :: gsmith3390 :: Julie R :: Amie B :: Summartime :: Jordan :: Jessica R :: SarahKarns :: tgray :: Cynthia :: Dawn S :: Seedless Grapes :: Ceal :: Julie W