Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
Prep time :
Set time 20 minutes
- Line mini muffin tin with 24 mini muffin liners.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir and heat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.
- Spoon one teaspoon of melted chocolate into each mini muffin liner. With back of a spoon, gently push melted chocolate up the sides of liners, coating insides completely. Transfer to refrigerator for 10 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
- While chocolate is setting, make peanut butter filling. In a bowl, combine peanut butter with powdered sugar and stir until smooth. Set aside until needed.
- To make caramel filling, pour granulated sugar and water into a saucepot. Bring to a rapid simmer over medium-high heat and gently swirl (don't stir) until sugar is dissolved. Without stirring let caramel simmer until color changes to golden, about 5 to 8 minutes. Turn off heat and add cream and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool until caramel has thickened slightly.
- Once chocolate has hardened, fill cups 2/3 the way full with peanut butter mixture. Top with caramel until 3/4 way full. Cover caramel with melted chocolate until cups are full. Sprinkle a pinch of flaked sea salt on top, if desired. Place in refrigerator for an additional 10 minutes until set. Serve.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Moppy :: Linda :: Gerri B :: crhill10 :: Heath C :: none :: waite :: gkeanini :: andi :: ChefCris :: jk :: Marie :: Lorraine L :: L Meyer :: Danny D :: Bre :: Cris S :: Grammy McGregor :: Pamela W :: gretchen d