S'mores Graham Cracker Toffee
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
20 - 25 pieces
- 14-16 sheets graham crackers
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Large pinch Kosher salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for garnish if desired
- 3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking tray with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Lay sheets of graham crackers on baking tray next to one another in a tight, single layer.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring butter, light brown sugar and Kosher salt to a boil, stirring occasionally. Let cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and very little grit remains.
- Pour liquid toffee over graham crackers and quickly spread in an even layer with a spatula. Imperfections will smooth out a bit in the oven. Bake for approximately 5-6 minutes, until the toffee is bubbling all over.
- Remove from oven and immediately spread chocolate chips over bubbling toffee. Let sit for 1 minute to melt, then smooth into an even layer. Top with mini marshmallows, and broil until toasted and golden brown. Remove from oven.
- If desired, melt a little bit more chocolate and drizzle over marshmallows as garnish. Let cool completely (placing the baking tray in the refrigerator will speed up this process) and then cut into small pieces. Can be stored at room temperature in a cool, dry place or in the refrigerator.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Chris Cockren at Shared Appetite.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Marilyn H :: cindy o :: Marlene Myers :: VSmith :: Beth Fixico :: Janis J :: KB :: amber :: Karen S :: Stacie Walters :: amyrico :: Tammi :: honeysmith :: Megan Hauser :: Rosie G :: kathleen n :: Mary G :: Deb :: Reya D :: jelmore