Strawberry Candy Butterflies
Prep time :
0:15 to 0:25
Let dry overnight for best results
50 candy butterflies
- 4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- .125 fluid ounce strawberry flavoring oil or 1 teaspoon strawberry flavoring
- 1 drop pink food coloring gel
- 50 lollipop sticks
- Mix together powdered sugar, butter, evaporated milk, and strawberry flavoring. Add a small drop of pink food coloring and mix until well-combined. Add food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Place another piece of parchment paper onto counter for rolling.
- Pour strawberry candy dough onto parchment paper and knead by hand until smooth and well-combined. Roll dough using a rolling pin to desired thickness.
- Using a butterfly shaped cookie cutter, cut out the shape of the butterfly. Place butterfly cutouts onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place a lollipop stick into the bottom center of the butterfly.
- Repeat until butterflies have all been made. These dry fairly quickly, but for best results, let dry overnight.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Robyn Stone of @AddaPinch.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: patricia m :: Jen :: Kayla :: sabra :: ERRICA A :: Misty :: Amy B :: josey :: Sharan B :: Southern Secret :: Renate H :: Cherrie-Lee P :: Rosemarie M :: Paula G :: Deborah D :: Kim Mullan :: mary coltrane :: RC :: Vanessa Carbon :: amanda b