Toffee Pretzel Delights
Prep time :
- 56 or more pretzel crisps
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium sized pot, combine sugar, butter and salt. Heat over medium high heat, stirring constantly until a nutty golden brown, or 285°F.
- Add vanilla and whisk vigorously.
- Working quickly and carefully, dip each pretzel crisp in half way, coating evenly. Place on wax paper and repeat until all pretzels or toffee is gone. If you have extra toffee, pour it onto extra parchment and set aside for a little snack.
- Once all pretzel crisps are dipped and cooled, warm up chocolate chips in a plastic bag in microwave in 15 second incriments. Massage bag after every 15 seconds until chocolate is soft and smooth.
- Snip a small hole in corner of bag and drizzle chocolate over toffee pretzels and immediately sprinkle with coarse sea salt .
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: spuckett :: Heather J :: Rachel B :: Am :: Denise P :: DV :: Debbie M :: Mary A. Killian :: Ash :: MeMe :: MorganSchwall :: JEsquibel :: Lynnb7764 :: y M :: Amelia N :: Jen :: Valerie :: Bonni K :: Christina McElroy :: Nancy Fantini