Turkish Delight Candy
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:15 to 0:18
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 envelopes gelatin
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4-5 drops red food color
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rosewater
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled non-salted
- Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Coat liberally with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and first listed water and set aside.
- Place gelatin in a small bowl and add second listed water, stir together and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, large enough to hold all ingredients combine sugar, honey, lemon juice and third listed water and bring almost to a boil.
- Pour in cornstarch mixture and whisk to a boil. Mixture will thicken quickly but it is necessary to continuously whisk mixture on medium heat until it is pale yellow, about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add food color. Add rosewater to taste, many brands differ in strength and therefore you should add a bit at a time to desired flavor. Add gelatin and combine well. Add pistachios and let mixture sit for about 5-8 minutes before pouring into prepared pan or pistachios will float to surface.
- Pour in pan and let sit at room temperature for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove foil and cut into desired shapes.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Rosewater can be found at Middle Eastern markets and at some well-stocked supermarkets, as well as many online retailers.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Jackie :: pastry :: Chef Patsy :: Penny S :: nikki m :: Kim L :: jim g :: katpylant :: Melanie :: tv :: Vicki B :: Cynthia F :: ttaylor72171 :: Rena M :: Stacey :: spickes8 :: valerie79 :: BJ J :: Stacy Teet :: Yolanda