Refrigerate 2 hours
- 5 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups very best quality chocolate chips (63% cacao) or 18 ounces best quality chocolate (63% cacao)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Spread a thin layer of oil into an 8 inch x 8 inch pan. Press a sheet of plastic food wrap tightly onto oil and pressing well into corners, set aside.
- If using chocolate bar, chop chocolate into pea size pieces and set aside in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan bring sugar and water to a full boil. Add sweetened condensed milk and stir to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour onto chopped chocolate, add butter and gently stir until no chocolate lumps remain. Add vanilla extract and nuts and stir to combine.
- Scrape mixture into the prepared pan and place in a refrigerator. Let sit for 2 hours.
- Lift out fudge by pulling on plastic. Cut into squares. Keep refrigerated.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
NOTES: Best quality chocolate will always give excellent results in candy and fudge making. Less expensive chocolate will not give a desired smooth result. For this fudge, choose chocolate containing near 63% cocoamass. Higher numbers will make the fudge deeper in chocolate flavor and less sweet while lower cocoamass numbers will make the fudge sweeter and therefore to some connoisseurs less refined.