Candy Popcorn Balls
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
8 popcorn balls
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- Favorite candy (hard candies that won’t melt quickly work best)
- Few drops food coloring, if desired
- Place sugar, butter and corn syrup and salt in a large 4-6 quart saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture starts to boil.
- Boil while stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring, if desired.
- In large bowl, combine popcorn with your favorite candy. Mix with hands until evenly distributed.
- Pour syrup over the popcorn and candy mixture and mix lightly. Let stand 5-10 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Dip hands in cold water. Shape popcorn and candy into 8 balls about 2-3 inches each. Place on waxed paper; cool.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or plastic bags and tie with ribbon for a festive touch.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Leslie W :: johnmc :: Barb M :: Lynn Morris :: Mike G :: isaykenis :: Bobby :: DeAnn :: rachel :: Lisa coombs :: Lisa K :: judy :: cb :: Julie N :: Shirley C :: Brooke :: Angie :: terri p :: Michelle J :: Angie