Candy Sugar Skulls
Prep time :
Dry 24 hours
12 small 3-D skull candies
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon meringue powder
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1-2 drops coconut, lemon or orange extract
- 1-2 drops food coloring (green, red, orange or yellow) optional
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1-2 drops of assorted food colorings
- You will also need candy sugar skull molds
- Combine sugar, meringue powder, water, desired extract and food coloring, if desired in a small bowl until well blended.
- Firmly press sugar mixture into skull-shaped molds. Let dry for 24 hours.
- To prepare icing: Combine powdered sugar and milk to desired spreading consistency; mixing until well blended. Divide into small bowls and add few drops of food coloring to each mixture for decorating skulls.
- Pop skulls out of molds. Decorate as desired with colored icings.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
- Candy sugar skulls are a traditional part of Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) celebrations.
- The molds can be purchased online or in many craft stores.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: M Johnson :: jan C :: Erin C :: Pamella :: Hutzle :: Kim A :: ChrisLibby :: Joann :: kaypress :: catman3201 :: katie :: ChefYoen :: Linda Le :: Suthergnrl25 :: Lynn M :: Cassidy :: Shakti B :: Fran M :: jackie :: Charity