Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups well packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 8 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 cup nuts such as macadamia, pecans, toasted peanutsâ€¦.chopped
- Remove stem from apples and insert Popsicle sticks. Place on wax paper or silpat. Set aside.
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients (excluding apples) melt butter. Add sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt. Stir to a boil, preferably using a heat resistant rubber spatula.
- On medium heat continue to stir until the caramel reaches 245°F.
- Remove from heat and pour in vanilla extract.
- Carefully tilt pan to obtain a deep caramel layer. Dip one apple at a time rotating in caramel until well coated. Remove from caramel and dip in chopped nuts. Place on wax paper or silpat.
- Allow to cool before consuming.
- Remaining caramel can be reheated and used for sweetening coffee. Soak the pan in water for easy cleanup.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Colin G :: Debra S :: Sandra Johnson :: Cindy V :: Masha B :: Moth :: Anglia :: nloyo :: JennSim :: dottie f :: Mike A :: Angelica :: Tammy F :: Michele S :: MABEL BESSEY :: rkattov :: Joanna Hickman :: Rocio :: Angela G :: Lisa T