Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
Prep time :
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 package (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons Chambord
- Pinch salt
- Truffle coating (see below)
Truffle Coating Options: Place any of the following toppings into a plastic bag and drop in one truffle at a time, seal, and shake to coat
- Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Finely chopped nuts (peanuts, pecans, walnuts, almonds)
- Finely chopped white chocolate
- Finely chopped dark chocolate
- Mixture of chopped white and dark chocolate
- Cocoa powder
- Any type of sprinkles
- Heat cream over a medium setting until just boiling.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until smoothly melted. Dice butter and stir into chocolate mixture until smooth again.
- Stir in jam, the Chambord and pinch of salt. Carefully pour the mixture into bowl, cover and chill until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll chilled mixture into small one-inch balls and arrange into single even layers in a tightly sealed plastic bag or container. Chilled, uncoated truffles may be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. At serving coat truffles as desired, place in decorative paper cups and serve immediately.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
- Truffles are best when consumed at room temperature.
- Watch Chef Eddy create truffles in this "How to Bake" video series.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: LA Cecil :: sasha r :: riley scalo :: MaryBeth :: Vivian M :: Suzee :: Tra :: cookingcassy :: omalynn :: Michael R :: daniMurdocca :: Charlene Wilson :: Rhonda Hipskind :: Besther :: Melissa Turner :: MelissaD :: MayMay :: Nana Nan :: luckychances007 :: dinah m