Microwave 9-11 minutes and refrigerate 2 hours
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur (such as Bailey’s)
- Line an 8 x 8 inch greased baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place sugar, cream, corn syrup, butter and Irish cream in a 2-quart microwave-safe measuring cup or large deep bowl.
- Microwave on High for 3 minutes; stirring halfway through.
- Microwave on High for 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or until mixture reaches 245°F (firm ball stage).
- Let stand 10 minutes. Carefully pour into prepared pan. Cool. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Scoop out a tablespoon full of caramel at a time and roll into balls (as shown in photo). Wrap in waxed or parchment paper.
- Store refrigerated in a covered container.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Cook’s Tip: Note recipe was tested with a 1000 watt microwave oven. Mixture is very hot carefully remove from microwave using pot holders, if necessary. Caramels are a soft consistency. To prepare on top of the stove for best results double ingredients.