Macadamia Nut Brittle
Prep time :
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- If macadamia nuts are whole, chop coarsely and set aside. Lightly butter a cookie sheet or set aside a silicone baking mat.
- In a saucepan stir together sugar and water and bring to a boil. Using a pastry brush, wash away any sugar crystals stuck to side of pan. The extra water going into pan has no affect on the final outcome of brittle.
- Without stirring, cook to a light golden caramel. Remove from heat and add macadamia nuts, butter and baking soda at once. The mixture will rise in the pan. Stir with a wooden or a heat resistant spatula until well combined.
- Scrape mixture on buttered pan or silicone mat. Press flat using spatula. Let cool and store airtight.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: anthony m :: Belinda M :: Navymom :: Anitza :: the cook :: linda l :: THP :: Uncle Rocca :: A W :: Gabriel :: Emma Morton :: Tammy P :: dakern :: Carol M :: Carol :: Sue Hubeny :: Ivy B :: ChefMomo :: Canmom :: Juanita K