Prep time :
3 cups of toffee
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 6 (8 ounces) best quality semi-sweet, bitter or milk chocolate
- 1 cup almond slivers, lightly toasted in 375°F oven and cooled
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch cookie pan or set aside a silicone baking mat without buttering.
- In a heavy saucepan, stir together sugar and butter over medium heat. While constantly stirring heat to 290°F. Remove from heat and pour very quickly in pan or on baking mat. Let cool.
- Chop chocolate in small even pieces. Place chocolate in a microwave oven proof bowl and heat in 10-second increments while stirring in between. Heat until two thirds of chocolate is melted, do not melt chocolate completely or it will not firm properly. Some lumps will remain.
- Spread half of melted chocolate over surface of hardened candy. Let cool until chocolate is hardened. Using a pancake turner, turn candy over and spread remaining side of candy with remaining melted chocolate. Cool until hardened and break into pieces. To develop flavor, store in a tightly covered tine for at least two days.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Making toffee is easy but a candy or digital thermometer is essential for good results. Use a heat resistant rubber or wooden spatula to cook the toffee.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Rita Corbett :: KBrown :: carrienead :: Aunt Susan :: 2FutureStarsMom :: lala bakes :: Debbie L :: JKIZER :: texascoupondiva :: Gayle G :: Rjtodo :: Renee Hendrix :: Anthony Cucinitti :: LindsayCosley :: Peggy N :: Crystal M :: LeahA1984 :: Debby P :: dwisley :: dejastar