Turtle Caramel Apples
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
8 turtle caramel apples
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 8 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Remove stem from apples and insert popsicle sticks. Place on wax paper or silpat. Set aside.
- Mix chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients (excluding apples) melt butter. Add sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt. Stir to a boil, preferably using a heat resistant rubber spatula.
- On medium heat continue to stir until the caramel reaches 245°F.
- Remove from heat and pour in vanilla extract.
- Carefully tilt pan to obtain a deep caramel layer. Dip one apple at a time rotating in caramel until well coated. Remove from caramel and dip in bowl of chopped nuts/mini chocolate chips. Place on wax paper or silpat.
- Allow to cool before consuming.
- Remaining caramel can be reheated and used for sweetening coffee. Soak the pan in water for easy cleanup.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Turtle caramel apples make a thoughtful holiday gift. Just wrap individually with cellophane and a ribbon.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Cadie :: Connie Smith :: Lizzy :: Connie B :: Peggy :: Lainey :: Jonathan A :: lyeba tahir :: Fred P :: lorrie overstreet :: Dawn B :: sista2 :: Brenda G :: Tammy W :: missdaisy0704 :: CandyFoote :: KHauser :: Moey :: Bob T :: Joshua D