Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:40 to 0:45
Refrigerate at least 4 hours
One 9-inch cheesecake
- 1 1/ cups finely ground gingersnaps
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 ounces (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Stir together gingersnap crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into bottom of pan. Bake until crust is just brown around edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- While crust bakes, beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add remaining 3/4 cup sugar, eggs, yolk, eggnog, flour, brandy, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour filling over cooled crust.
- Set pan in a roasting pan, and add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of baking pan. Bake until just set, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove baking pan from water bath, and place on a wire rack. Allow to cool for 30-45 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Jolynn D :: Carolyn R :: Tina Volk :: Monica T :: Cindy S :: kat :: christy s :: donco :: Shali :: HB :: C D :: Kayla Shatley :: Donna T :: Linda B :: Barbara K :: Jenn :: Melinda V :: Donna Sue :: berl :: aggie