Grapefruit Greek Yogurt Faux Cheesecake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
One 9 or 10 inch cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: Crush graham crackers with a rolling pin to obtain 1 1/2 cup. Add melted butter and combine well. Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch diameter spring form pan and place in the oven for 12 minutes or golden. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients mix yogurt and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs for a few minutes or until no stings remain. Add eggs and blend into yogurt mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and grapefruit zest.
- Bake until the center of the cake no longer trembles when tapping the sides of the pan, about 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge and bottom of the cheesecake and decorate with grapefruit segments and/or berries.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
*Can use store-bought graham crackers as well.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: techno777 :: bella chef :: Korky :: FriendlyFran :: Stephanie D :: Dizzilicious :: bcar111 :: Vic yvon :: ElyseH :: Beth H :: mae :: Cynthia :: Brandy :: Monica Kovacs :: Michelle Lopez :: eva :: Melinda R :: little roy :: sherri :: Larae R