Praline Apple Pie Cheesecake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
One 9 or 10 inch cheesecake
- 1 3/4 cup graham crackers or Gingersnaps
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 extra large or 5 standard size Granny Smith apples
- 6 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sour cream, full fat
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: Crush gingersnaps with a rolling pin to obtain 1 3/4 cups. Add melted butter and sugar and combine well. Press onto bottom and 2/3 up sides of a 9-inch diameter spring form pan. Place in oven for 10 minutes or golden. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Place springform pan on three layers of aluminum foil and wrap outside of pan tightly with foil. Ensure that no water can penetrate through the foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- Peel and cut apples into 4 wedges and core. Cut each wedge crosswise in 5-6 slices.
- Pour 6 tablespoon sugar in a large sauté pan, shake pan to create an even layer of sugar. Place on low- medium heat and allow sugar to melt into a light golden caramel.
- When part of sugar is starting to melt, shake pan or stir to ensure an even melting. Be careful as caramel can cause severe burns!
- When nearly all sugar has melted add butter and salt and stir to combine. Add sliced apples. Caramel will cling to apples which is normal. Keep stirring on low medium heat until apples are fully soft and caramel has melted.
- Remove from heat and add cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir. Transfer into springform pan and set aside.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar on lowest speed, alternatively mix by using a handheld spatula until no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well. Add one egg at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl and beater between additions.
- Add egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla extract and pour batter onto apples in springform pan.
- Pour 1-inch of water into roasting pan and place in oven.
- Bake until center of cake no longer trembles when tapping sides of pan, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare caramel pecan topping: In a saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil excluding pecans. Boil for 3 minutes ensuring that mixture will not boil over. Remove from heat and stir in pecans. Allow topping to completely cool before spreading it onto crème Chantilly below.
- Run a sharp knife around edge and bottom of cheesecake and transfer to a serving platter.
- Prepare crème Chantilly and spread onto surface of cheesecake. Spoon praline sauce onto cream. Serve at room temperature.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Saqif Ali :: L weis :: Kristy :: Diana C :: SandyTrim :: DC :: Adam R :: kathy :: stacyj :: SugarBugs :: Rose Wollman :: kahenson :: Rita :: Abimael R :: LindaM :: Lippidy :: kelly :: pieface :: NATHANIEL SYKES :: carole lakomec