Summer Fruit Vanilla Cheesecake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 3/4 cup graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 16 ounce (1 lb) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (no white bitter pith)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- Few slices of watermelon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: Crush graham crackers with a rolling pin to obtain 1 3/4 cups. Add melted butter and combine well. Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch diameter spring form pan and place in oven for 12 minutes or golden. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Place springform pan on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap outside of pan tightly with foil. Ensure that no water could penetrate thru foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar on lowest speed, alternatively mix by using a hand held spatula until no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well. Add one egg at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated, scrape bowl and beater between additions.
- Add sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla and pour batter into springform pan.
- Pour water into roasting pan about one inch high and place in oven.
- Bake until center of cake no longer trembles when tapping sides of pan, about 2 hours.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around edge and bottom of cheesecake to remove from pan. Place on serving plate and decorate with blueberries, raspberries and watermelon slices cut into stars.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Angie Moore :: Judy Hickman :: jul :: Candice W :: ChefJamie :: Debbie E :: Natina V :: Cathie B :: christa :: Diann A :: donna pawless :: Isaac E :: beckie p :: Denise Godinez :: Leila C :: Lindooch :: ana m :: Christina Veigelt :: C D :: Mary T