Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
One 9 or 10-inch cheesecake
- 1 cup Graham Crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: Crush enough Graham crackers with a rolling pin to obtain 1 cup. Add melted butter and sugar and combine well. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch diameter spring form pan and place in oven for 10 minutes or golden. Reduce oven to 325°F.
- When springform pan is cool enough to handle place on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap the outside of the pan with foil. Ensure that no water could penetrate thru foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- This cheesecake can easily be made without use of a machine, just ensure that cheese is soft and at room temperature. If using a mixer only mix on lowest speed to prevent incorporation of air cells. (Air cells make cheesecake rise during baking and once removed from oven will make it fall and crack)
- To make cheesecake: Beat soft cream cheese and sugar on low speed until well blended and no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well. Add one egg at a time waiting for previous added amount to be fully incorporated, scrape bowl and beater in between additions.
- Add peanut butter milk and vanilla. Add chocolate chips into batter, pour in springform pan.
- Pour water into roasting pan about an inch high and place in oven.
- Bake until center of cake no longer trembles when tapping sides of pan, about 90 minutes.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge and bottom of cheesecake and cut into desired size. Drizzle with chocolate ganche if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
TIP: Cheesecakes cook from the outside in. To check for doneness, shake the pan gently. When the center no longer trembles your cheesecake should be ready.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: bECKY R :: Becky I :: Wanda Haines :: amy t :: Wavey :: Kimber K :: pattyd74 :: varsha lalwani :: Don C :: Perla R :: Tammi Bass :: Krissy L :: Brawny :: Sabrina M :: SharonG :: Kelly C :: Mack H :: Kirsten :: katy a :: Lou