Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Chill for 3 hours
Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 12 ounces blueberries, fresh or frozen (if using frozen, thaw first)
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 packet plain gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil so that foil hangs over edges. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter until fully combined. Press firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- To prepare blueberry sauce, combine blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. In a separate bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until smooth then add to blueberry mixture. Stir over medium heat until mixture is thick and boiling. Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm. Pour into a bowl, then stir in corn syrup and refrigerate until chilled.
- To prepare cheesecake, prepare boiling water and sprinkle in gelatin. Stir for several minutes until dissolved. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, beat heavy cream and sour cream on high speed with whisk attachment until thick. Spoon mixture in to small bowl and refrigerate.
- Add cream cheese to mixer bowl and beat on medium speed, slowly adding sugar and scraping sides of bowl as needed until mixture is smooth.
- Beat in vanilla and lemon until smooth.
- Add warm gelatin mixture slowly and beat on medium-low while scraping sides of bowl until mixture is smooth and cool. Gently fold in sour cream mixture and pour over prepared crust.
- Chill cheesecake until firm, at least a few hours.
- Grabbing edges of foil, remove cheesecake from pan and cut into squares. Top with blueberry sauce before serving.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kristan Roland @bakescupcakes.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: heidi m :: Diane B :: Zenaida :: Tracy :: Bette Malone :: gayatri p :: Ebis Vaught :: Diann M :: EVELYN IGLESIAS :: chris b :: Melissa M :: Betty T :: Emily :: Carol O :: Carol Quakenbush :: Lindsay M :: gptcvrgrl :: Ubryant :: Toni :: Becky P