- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour*
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Melt butter and blend with brown sugar. Add beaten eggs and mix well. Allow mixture to cool thoroughly.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add to the cooled mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Spread batter over a greased shallow 9"x13”pan. Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes or until done. Cool slightly and cut into squares. Allow cookies to cool thoroughly before removing from pan.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe first appeared in the Romantic Recipes of the South cookbook, circa 1950.