- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (may be substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quartered, pitted fresh cherries
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl add oil, butter and sugar. With paddle attachment on, beat on low speed for 2-3 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract and mix until combined. With a spatula, scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Gently, stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Turn mixer off and with a spatula, fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- With a large ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-13 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on baking sheets.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Roxana Yawgel at Roxana's Home Baking.