- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups ground walnuts
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 20-24 whole cherries, pitted
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream together butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer; mix in extracts. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to the creamed butter.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll out dough and cut into 1.5 inch circles. Roll circles into balls with a cherry in middle of each. Bake for 15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar while still hot from oven.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.