- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup matzo meal
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine coconut, sugar, matzo meal and salt.
- Stir in egg whites, vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonsful of dough, 2-inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from baking pans and cool on wire racks.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
These bite-sized treats are perfect for a Passover celebration. The secret to making them Passover appropriate is using matzo meal instead of flour. Even if you don’t observe Passover, you’ll fall in love with the combination of coconut and semi-sweet chocolate chips in these chewy cookies.