- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup shortening (Butter-flavored Crisco)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (the good stuff)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or ground espresso
- 2 cups chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Cream shortening with sugars, then add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and coffee. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into the shortening mixture, but do not overwork the dough. Gently mix chocoloate chips and coconut into the dough.
- Use a small cookie scooper to lift teaspoon-sized balls of the chilled dough and set onto a cookie sheet lined with foil. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Use a spatula to gently lift the cookies off of the baking tray and set onto a rack to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of ice-cold milk!
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Dough can be stored in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.