- 1 1/4 cups (5.6 oz) all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-process
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3.7 oz) melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, stir coconut oil with brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined and smooth. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and beat until combined. On low speed gradually add flour mixture. Fold in semisweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Using a medium spring-loaded cookie scoop, drop dough by 1 1/2 tablespoon rounds onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies are set. Let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before removing cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Tessa Arias @HandletheHeat.