- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 oz. 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- Fresh strawberries for dipping or garnish, optional
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang on all sides to easily remove bars after cooling.
- Cream butter until fluffy. Add brown sugar and vanilla, mix well. Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl to ensure mixture is incorporated.
- Sift together salt, flour, cocoa and baking soda. Add to mixing bowl and mix until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until center feels firm when gently pressed. Cool in pan while preparing strawberry filling.
- In a medium saucepan, combine filling ingredients and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture has boiled for 1-2 minutes. Spread strawberry filling onto chocolate bars, as evenly as possible, with an offset spatula. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until strawberry filling has cooled completely and solidified.
- In a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl, heat chocolate for 1 minute, then stir so all chips are melted. Cut bars into 24-30 pieces. Pour remaining chocolate into a piping bag and pipe over strawberry bars. Serve immediately.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.