Chocolate Orange Sandwich Cookies
Prep time :
35 sandwich cookies
- 70 Nilla Wafers
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 oz almond bark
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 oz white chocolate chips
- 2-4 drops orange gel food coloring
- Orange sprinkles, for garnish
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and place half of Nilla Wafers flat side up.
- Combine cream cheese, suagr, and orange zest. Pipe frosting onto cookies then sandwich with top cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes while you prepare decorations.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt almond bark according to package directions. Stir in 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Dip sandwich cookies halfway, then place back on tray. Decorate a third of cookies with sprinkles then chill entire tray for 5 minutes while preparing orange chocolate.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips according to package directions. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil and gel food coloring. Pipe onto cookie and refrigerate until serving.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: SensiblySara :: Shelby Shepherd :: Kathy E :: J Constance :: Sherrie D :: nancy54 :: dsa :: justjan :: Melanie M :: Erika O :: Tammy S :: MAYRA B :: Chef Simien :: Marcia :: Tammy M :: JODI BRADSHAW :: Sahron :: Deborah G :: Cooking Queen :: Ramon S