- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, allowing it to hang over sides. Coat paper with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whisk together melted butter with brown sugar and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, zest and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Remove the bowl and stir in the flour and salt just until moistened. Gently fold in the cranberries until distributed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top. Place a few (10-12) fresh cranberries on top of batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let pan cool completely then cut them into 8 large or 16 small squares and serve.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.